- Table View
- List View
"Even though I've tried to wear glass slippers, somebody has deliberately knocked them off my feet. Because of that, I have walked the earth emotionally barefoot, and expressed my lack of self-esteem and rage in ways that clouded my judgment. I was a participant in a lot of drama. Didn't mean to be . . . it was never my intention."So confesses Tarsha Jones, host of New York's popular radio show Miss Jones in the Morning. "Jonesy," as she's known to her fans, captivates millions of Hot 97 listeners with her daily dish on hip-hop and rap celebrity. But within these pages are the juicy scandals that even this no-holds-barred DJ has kept off the airwaves. For the first time, Jones reveals everything-from candid stories of her early singing career under Doug E. Fresh's wing (and between his sheets) to a wild affair with Busta Rhymes; from bitter feuds with Wendy Williams and shock jocks Star and Buc Wild to friendships with Patti LaBelle and Isaac Hayes; from collaborations with Fat Joe and Big Pun all the way to catfights with Christina Milian and Beyoncé's mother, Tina Knowles. Jones lets it all hang out and doesn't tiptoe around anyone's feelings-including her own.Beginning with her volatile upbringing as the child of alcoholic parents and the target of bullying peers, Jones takes us on a journey of self-exploration, recounting how she survived abusive relationships, twisted coworkers, and backstabbing bosses to ultimately rise through the radio ranks and make it to the top of her game. But more than just a tell-all tale, this inspirational memoir is a testament to the struggles of a black woman trying to succeed in a white male-dominated industry, where the sharks never stop circling no matter how much you achieve. For those who love steamy entertainment gossip, admire coming-of-age chronicles of resilience, or just like to see emperors (and moguls) without clothes, so to speak, the pages will fly. Even devoted listeners who think they already know radio's rowdiest diva will have to ask themselves . . . Have You Met Miss Jones?From the Hardcover edition.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.