- Table View
- List View
In this splashy new Mermaid Tale, a megapopular boy band is set to perform at an undersea celebration--but what if a mean girl keeps Shelly from joining in the fun?Echo, Shelly Siren's best friend, is doing tail flips because she's going to see the hottest boy band around--The Rays! It's her classmate Pearl's birthday, and the Rays are going to perform at her exclusive party. Troublemaker Pearl has invited just about everyone--everyone, that is, except Shelly! Shelly urges Echo to go anyway, but Echo doesn't want to leave her friend out of the exciting celebration...so Shelly hatches a plan to make sure Echo sees her favorite group. And when the Rays do come to town (amidst plenty of under-the-sea, boy band drama), Echo returns the favor so that Shelly is included in the festivities--in the most unexpected of ways!
Pearl's fear of sharks is not unfounded--but can she find a way to feel safe in this Mermaid Tales adventure?Late-breaking news from the Trident City Tide: There have been shark sightings in Trident City! No swimming alone! Pearl's father even hires a Shark Guard to escort her to school. Pearl starts stirring up lots of trouble with anything that has to do with sharks, even denouncing the skeleton Kiki has in her room. And then, to make matters worse, Pearl accuses Kiki of stealing her precious pearl necklace! And though the undersea waters are indeed filled with danger, Pearl just might discover that true friends can provide a sense of safety!
Kiki Coral can see the future--can she save a friend from his dangerous fate?Kiki Coral has an amazing gift: she can see the future. She doesn't have visions very often, but they are always surprising! When Kiki sees a vision of her classmate Rocky Ridge coming face-to-frightening-face with a gigantic leatherback turtle, she is frightened to the tip of her shiny purple tail. Can Kiki save Rocky from his dangerous fate? What if no one in Trident Academy believes her scary prediction?
In this Mermaid Tales adventure, Shelly's not sure she's ready to be royalty.Not one of the merkids in Shelly Siren's third grade class can believe the shell-shattering news: Shelly is a princess! A real princess! It's been a deep, dark secret in Trident City, but now everyone knows--and Shelly doesn't know how to act. Should she start wearing a glittery crown? Or move to a grand undersea palace? Will her friends have to call her Princess Shelly? She knows it's an exciting turn of events, but Shelly's not sure she can truly fit the royal part. Can she find a way to be a princess and stay herself?
Echo Reef loves sea horses so much, she wants one for a pet... no matter what. Of all the creatures in the ocean, sea horses are Echo Reef's favorite. They're sweet and gentle and they glide through the water so gracefully. When Echo discovers that Rocky Ridge, one of her Trident Academy classmates, has his own pet sea horse, she wants one right away. Not everyone agrees sea horses should be pets, however--perhaps they are happiest when swimming freely. But Echo thinks that if Rocky can make a sea horse happy, she can too. Can't she?
In this start to a new series starring Shelly the mermaid, a classroom conflict is no fun--even when school is 20,000 leagues under the sea.It's MerGirl Shelly Siren's first day at a new school, and she is nervous from the tip of her head to the end of her sparkling mermaid tail. How will she ever fit in at the prestigious Trident Academy? Everyone there is so smart and so pretty and so rich. At least she and her best friend, Echo, are in the same class, but so is Pearl, a spoiled know-it-all who only wants to make trouble for Shelly; Rocky, a MerBoy who loves to tease everyone; and Kiki, a shy MerGirl who's new to Trident City. At first Shelly and Echo have lots of fun: eating lunch together, trying to make grumpy Mr. Fangtooth smile, and joining after-school clubs. But when Shelly and Echo have an argument about their very first school assignment, Pearl gets involved and makes matters worse. Will Shelly and Echo fix their friendship?
In this sparkling Mermaid Tales adventure, can Kiki overcome her fears and enjoy her first-ever trip to the ocean's surface? The third graders at Trident Academy are traveling to the surface of the ocean for the first time ever for a "hugely" exciting activity: They're going to visit a pod of humpback whales! But Kiki is less than thrilled. In fact, she's scared from the top of her head to the tip of her tail. After all, the enormous creatures could swallow her (and maybe her entire class) in one giant gulp! Kiki's pals Shelly and Echo try to help shrink her fears, and when a new friend comes along--a very big, whale-size friend--Kiki's courage emerges, and the fun looms large.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.