- Table View
- List View
"How unusual is it, really, in the history of all known human experience, to enjoy the blessing of living free?" The answer may surprise you. In The Miracle of Freedom, Chris and Ted Stewart make a strong case that fewer than 5 percent of all people who have ever lived on the earth have lived under conditions that we could consider "free." So where did freedom come from, and how are we fortunate enough to experience it in our day? "A deeper look at the human record," write the authors, "reveals a series of critical events, obvious forks in the road leading to very different outcomes, that resulted in this extraordinary period in which we live." They identify and discuss seven decisive tipping points: 1. The defeat of the Assyrians in their quest to destroy the kingdom of Judah. 2. The victory of the Greeks over the Persians at Thermopylae and Salamis. 3. Roman Emperor Constantine's conversion to Christianity. 4. The defeat of the armies of Islam at Poitiers. 5. The failure of the Mongols in their effort to conquer Europe. 6. The discovery of the New World. 7. The Battle of Britain in World War II. The journey to freedom has been thousands of years long. Now that it has found its place in the world, the question for those of us who experience its benefits is simply this: Will we work to preserve the miracle of freedom that we enjoy today?
There was a time when it was accepted that America was a God-blessed land, that God ruled the fate of this nation and raised up great leaders when they were most desperately needed to assure that our history would unfold as He desired. Do we still believe this is true? Bestselling author Chris Stewart and his brother, Utah Federal District Court Judge Ted Stewart, present seven significant events in American history to show how God has provided miracles to sustain and protect this nation at critical times. From Columbus's discovery of the New World, to the amazing events at the World War II battle of Midway, to the miracle that saved President Ronald Reagan and allowed him to play a key role in smashing the Iron Curtain, the authors provide little- known details of events that literally changed the future of the world events that give us assurance that God does watch over this country. And, as we struggle through difficult times, we have reason to hope that He will continue to bless us.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.