- Table View
- List View
In 1302, two cousins of the nomadic Beni Khalid tribe who are betrothed become separated by political intrigue between warring tribes. Sequel to The Ramsay Scallop.
An El Salvadorian family flees political oppression in their homeland and takes a perilous journey north, through Mexico to Canada, where they hope they will find a better life. A compelling, provocative, and exciting novel. Details of the brutal realities in El Salvador are dexterously woven into the story of one family's struggle to beat the odds. --Publishers Weekly. Not to be missed.
In the hospital after being beaten by Macoutes, seventeen-year-old Djo tells the story of his impoverished life to a young woman who, like him, has been working with the social reformer Father Aristide to fight the repression in Haiti.
Tiger is cooking up a pot of fine soup for himself when along comes Anansi, that swift and tricky spider, remarking on the delicious smells of coconut, fresh mango, and nutmeg wafting through the forest. How Anansi persuades Tiger to take a dip in Blue Hole while he sneakily slurps up that soup--and how Tiger, truly vexed, chases Anansi all the way to Little Monkey Town--reveals not only Why Monkeys Live in Trees, but possibly Why Tigers Are No Longer Vegetarians. Ages 4-7
This acclaimed fourth novel from the late Frances Temple tells the harrowing account of one family's escape from political persecution in Haiti.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.