- Table View
- List View
Roni Jarrett was once in love with a high-rolling strip club owner who used her and abused her. He caused her to lose the job of her dreams, not to mention her self respect. With nothing left but her newfound faith in Christ and her old BMW, she hits the road and ends up where she started, in her old hometown. With a new job in an upscale beauty salon, and a position as music director for her church, she's doing all she can to live a life that's pleasing in the eyes of God. Unfortunately, other people's drama has a way of following Roni Jarrett and it follows her to her new life in Florida. When her best friend from childhood turns up dead in the streets, the local police behaves as if Roni may have had a hand in that death, and everything changes. Roni finds herself caught up in a dangerous maze of gossip and lies that could lead to her own destruction. The only man willing to help her, Police Chief Don Gillette, is a gorgeous hunk of a human being who makes Roni's heart pound, but his own reputation causes even more drama to enter her life. Roni is tested time and again as she struggles to understand what is happening around her. Her budding relationship with Don Gillette, a relationship that seems sent from God, may get caught in the wreckage too. Will Roni's newfound faith be able to withstand so many trials, and will Don Gillette turn out to be the love of her life or the worst thing that had ever happened to her?
Fob (noun)-derived from the acronym F. O. B. ("fresh off the boat") Does your mom still make Peking duck instead of turkey on Thanksgiving, own a giant cleaver, or take twenty-four more napkins than she needs at Chipotle? Your mom may be a fob. Through their hit blog "My Mom Is a Fob," Teresa and Serena Wu have seized ownership of this formerly derogatory term, applying it instead to the heartfelt, hilarious, and thoroughly unique ways that Asian mothers adapt to American culture, from the perspective of those who love them most: their children. Through texts, emails, phone calls, and more, My Mom Is a Fob showcases the stories of a community of Asian-American kids who know exactly what it's like to be on the receiving end of that amazing, unconditional, and sometimes misspelled love. It's about those Asian mothers who refuse to get in the car without their sun-protective arm sheaths, the ones who send us passive-aggressive text messages "from the dog" in hopes that we'll call home, and email us unsolicited advice about everything from homosexuality to constipation. In these pages you'll find solace in the fact that thousands of moms out there are as painfully nosy, unintentionally hilarious, and endearingly fobby as yours is. .
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.