- Table View
- List View
This book is about forgiveness. The title of the book is meant to reflect the essential idea that "forgiveness" can be an active -- and powerful -- healing agent, even in the wake of the most heinous experience. The author's own moving story, which he shares here, coupled with case material and a thoughtful theoretical foundation, make this a uniquely accessible and penetrating resource for therapists and their clients.
Through detailing and examining the four interplaying dimensions of relationships, Contextual Theory gives therapists the ability to reshape human relationships and solve problems using the strengths of trust, fairness, and freedom. Not just a review of what came before, this brief clinical guide demystifies the Contextual Theory of family counseling for practitioners and students in language that is succinct and lucid in order to expose a whole new generation of therapists to this important approach to family therapy.
How can a therapist help his or her clients and ensure that they continue to maintain the insights and motivations learned during therapy in everyday life, beyond termination? Restoration Therapy is a professional resource that introduces the reader to the essential elements of its namesake, and from there guides clinicians to a systemic understanding of how certain forces lead to destructive cycles in relationships, which perpetuate more and more dysfunction among members. Clients and therapists both will understand issues more clearly, experience the impacts that emotion can have on insight, and practice the process so more loving and trustworthy relationships can take hold in the intergenerational family.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.