- Table View
- List View
Assessing Learners with Special Needs: An Applied Approach, seventh edition, is a practical book designed to teach you about the complex procedures of the assessment process. Each chapter starts out with a chapter focus that contains CEC Knowledge and Skills Standards that show you what you are expected to master in the chapter. Concepts are presented in a step-by-step manner followed by exercises that help you understand each step. Portions of assessment instruments, protocols, and scoring tables are provided to help you with the practice exercises. Additionally, you will participate in the educational decision-making process using data from classroom observations, curriculum-based assessment, functional behavior assessment, and norm-referenced assessment. New to the seventh edition: An emphasis on progress monitoring, including progress monitoring applied to the acquisition of knowledge and skills presented in this text The assessment process according to the regulations of IDEA 2004 A separate chapter on transition issues and assessment A separate chapter on assessment in infancy and early childhood A new chapter on the measurement aspects of Response to Intervention Increased consideration of students from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds in the assessment process
Includes comprehensive teacher materials and step-by-step application activities.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ���DAISY Text with Images���.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.