- Table View
- List View
The book highlights the early history of America along with up-to-date maps from the renowned National Geographic.
Incorporate research-based reading strategies to give all your students access to the rich history of the United States. The program includes the finest scholarship and the most up-to-date maps from National Geographic.
AN INSPIRED PRESENTATION OF THE AMERICAN STORY The American Republic to 1877 immerses middle school students in the richearly history of their country. The program includes the finest scholarship andthe most up-to-date maps from the world-renowned National Geographic. Features* Foldables--student-made three-dimensional graphic organizers--area unique strategy that helps students read effectively and also can be used asassessment or study tools. Asthey work with these manipulatives, students are fully involved in learning,studying, and reviewing important concepts. * The extensive use of graphics, maps, and photography creates a visual/verbalapproach that appeals to all your students. * TIME Notebooks allow students to step into the past, learning abouteveryday life in various periods and the "hot topics" of different eras. * Chapter-opening Why it Matters features show students the connectionsbetween life in early America and their lives today. * National Geographic's Geography and History features show students how geography and eventsintertwine to create the history of a location or nation. * The program emphasizes skill development--from reading maps to analyzingprimary and secondary sources to exploring the connections between history andgeography, economics, government, citizenship, and current events.
The content of this course focuses on the political, economic, and social events that have shaped the United States. The textbook includes a variety of tools designed to help students to be successful as they study U.S. history.
World geography, world cultures...a world students can understand in Exploring Our Worldis a middle school program co-authored by National Geographic. This program introduces students to an enriched view of the interrelationships of geography, history, economics, government, citizenship, and current events--in one compelling package. A strong geographic thread is interwoven with history, government, and current events to analyze different regions of the world and the issues they face. Suitable for a world geography or world cultures class,Exploring Our Worldis available as a full survey; Eastern Hemisphere; and Western Hemisphere, Europe, and Russia.
Glencoe World History is a full-survey world history program authored by a world-renowned historian, Jackson Spielvogel, and the National Geographic Society. Experiencing world history and understanding its relevance to the modern world is the goal of this program. The program addresses the importance of motivating students and engaging them in meaningful learning--learning that links the past with issues confronting young people today.
Journey Across Time is a middle school world history program organized chronologically from the first humans and ancient civilizations to the present. It contains a wealth of information.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.