A magical city divided. A political rebellion ignited. A love that was meant to last forever.Aria Rose, youngest scion of one of Mystic City's two ruling rival families, finds herself betrothed to Thomas Foster, the son of her parents' sworn enemies. The union of the two will end the generations-long political feud--and unite all those living in the Aeries, the privileged upper reaches of the city, against the banished mystics who dwell below in the Depths. But Aria doesn't remember falling in love with Thomas; in fact, she wakes one day with huge gaps in her memory. And she can't conceive why her parents would have agreed to unite with the Fosters in the first place. Only when Aria meets Hunter, a gorgeous rebel mystic from the Depths, does she start to have glimmers of recollection--and to understand that he holds the key to unlocking her past. The choices she makes can save or doom the city--including herself.
The second MYSTIC CITY novel . . . it's Romeo & Juliet in a dystopic Manhattan.A city in flames. A trust betrayed. A perfect love destroyed. Has Aria lost Hunter, her one true love?Ever since rebellion broke out in Mystic City, pitting the ruling elite against the magic-wielding mystics, Aria has barely seen her boyfriend. Not surprising, since Hunter is the leader of the mystic uprising, and he'll do whatever it takes to win freedom for his people--even if that means using Aria.But Aria is no one's pawn. She believes she can bring the two warring sides together, save the city, and win back the Hunter she fell in love with.Before she can play peacemaker, though, Aria will need to find the missing heart of a dead mystic. The heart gives untold powers to whoever possesses it, but finding it means seeking out a fierce enemy whose deepest desire is for Aria to be gone--forever.
La guerra entre los místicos rebeldes de las Profundidades y los humanos ricos que habitan las Atalayas está alcanzando cotas de violencia y crueldad insospechadas, y Aria Rose se encuentra justo en el ojo del huracán... Sus decisiones pueden poner fin a la barbarie o hundir definitivamente la ciudad de Nueva York.Perseguida como traidora por su familia, vista con desconfianza por los rebeldes con quienes se ha refugiado, la hija menor del clan de los Rose deberá aprender a adaptarse a su nueva vida mientras intenta poner fin a la guerra más destructiva que se recuerda. Pero sus problemas no solo están fuera. Su relación con su amor verdadero, Hunter Brooks, el líder rebelde, parece haberse enfriado sin razón aparente...
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.