- Table View
- List View
Developed in conjunction with the American Society of Colon and Rectal Surgeons, this comprehensive textbook provides readers with the full scope of surgical practice for patients with diseases of the colon and rectum. Expert surgeons, all active both as educators and with busy clinical practices, have written concise and practical chapters on the most commonly done procedures while providing much-needed insight on less frequently presentations, as well. The ASCRS Textbook is designed to meet the needs not only of colorectal specialists, but also the general surgeon in practice whose caseload includes patients with disorders and diseases of the colon, rectum and anus. Residents and fellows will also find a wealth of hands-on guidance and practical tips and tricks. The ASCRS Practice Parameters are incorporated in the book along with an appendix providing the most up-to-the minute access to best practice guidelines. Patient care and safety are addressed in each chapter. "[The ASCRS Textbook of Colon and Rectal Surgery] is a long awaited textbook for those in the field and it does not disappoint. It is brief and to the point, but does not lack the necessary detail expected from a society-produced publication. [It has an] easy-to-read quality that enhances comprehension for the trainee. It is by no means just a student textbook. The inclusion of "hot" current topics, like the anal fistula plug, makes it fresh and useful for experienced surgeons. This is an excellent addition to the colorectal library." (Doody's Review)
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.