- Table View
- List View
One of five texts in Glencoe's Aviation Technology Series, (formerly the Northrop series), Aircraft Electricity and Electronics provides your students with the information they need to perform return-to-service-quality maintenance and repair of aircraft electrical systems. The material covered includes the details necessary for the Federal Aviation Administration certification of Airframe and Powerplants Technicians. The text expands well beyond this basic information, however, providing as in-depth study of both ac and dc systems for virtually all varieties of aircraft. The text takes students through the fundamentals of electron theory and on to the study of aircraft digital control systems. Integrated into the text are various examples of troubleshooting techniques as they apply to aircraft systems. The text also provides details on a variety of general and commercial aircraft electrical/electronic systems, including avionic systems. One of the major changes in this edition is the modernization of material about electrical and electronic equipment to reflect current practices. Coverage of transistors and semiconductors, lighting systems, and nickel cadmium batteries has been updated while troubleshooting techniques using digital and analog meters have been added. This edition includes a Student Study Guide that parallels the text. It provides fill-in-the-blank questions that identify key term, demonstrates applications of mathematical relationships, and validates learning progress by offering multiple-choice questions.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.