- Table View
- List View
Who is Jesus Christ, really? What was his life about? Our thorough, full-color revision of the popular Jesus of History, Christ of Faith invites students to explore the life of Jesus through a Christological study of the New Testament. The student text for ninth and tenth graders first considers the New Testament as a whole, particularly the Gospels, and explains the Jewish historical, religious, and cultural world into which Jesus was born. Using the Gospels as the primary source, the text explores Jesus' birth, early life, and ministry; then it focuses on the scriptural accounts of his death, the Resurrection, the Ascension, and Pentecost, and on their central significance for the Church's understanding of Jesus as the Christ, the Son of God. Award: Jesus of History, Christ of Faith won the 1999 Certificate of Merit for the Premier Print Award from the Printing Industries of America. Chosen from thousands of entries, the Premier Print Award goes to those firms who demonstrate a unique ability to create visual masterpieces.
As young teens begin to understand the rich heritage of Catholicism,they need a text that engages them at their stage of life. The one- or two-semester course Understanding Catholic Christianity offers a comprehensive overview of Catholicism for ninth graders that gives these teens a foundation in their religion. Through engaging stories, writings by teens, and inspiring original artwork,the material in this course comes alive for students. This extensively revised edition of Understanding Catholic Christianity was developed using the Catechism of the Catholic Church,and covers topics that include faith, the adolescent, the Jewish roots of Catholic Christianity, Jesus Christ's life, ministry, death, and Resurrection, the sacraments and the liturgical year, and spirituality and prayer. Awards: Understanding Catholic Christianity was awarded second place in the category of Educational Books by the Catholic Press Association in 1997. It also won the 1997 Certificate of Merit for the Premier Print Award from the Printing Industries of America. Chosen from thousands of entries, the Premier Print Award goes to those firms who demonstrate a unique ability to create visual masterpieces.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.