- Table View
- List View
One of five texts in Glencoe's Aviation Technology Series, (formerly the Northrop series), Aircraft Electricity and Electronics provides your students with the information they need to perform return-to-service-quality maintenance and repair of aircraft electrical systems. The material covered includes the details necessary for the Federal Aviation Administration certification of Airframe and Powerplants Technicians. The text expands well beyond this basic information, however, providing as in-depth study of both ac and dc systems for virtually all varieties of aircraft. The text takes students through the fundamentals of electron theory and on to the study of aircraft digital control systems. Integrated into the text are various examples of troubleshooting techniques as they apply to aircraft systems. The text also provides details on a variety of general and commercial aircraft electrical/electronic systems, including avionic systems. One of the major changes in this edition is the modernization of material about electrical and electronic equipment to reflect current practices. Coverage of transistors and semiconductors, lighting systems, and nickel cadmium batteries has been updated while troubleshooting techniques using digital and analog meters have been added. This edition includes a Student Study Guide that parallels the text. It provides fill-in-the-blank questions that identify key term, demonstrates applications of mathematical relationships, and validates learning progress by offering multiple-choice questions.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.