- Table View
- List View
Thomas Slater's latest novel is a non-stop ride of entertaining drama with suspenseful plot-twists and pulse-pounding action--from unholy corruption inside a church sanctuary to the insidious figures that lurk in the shadows of the dangerous city-streets. Wisdom Jones has made a deal with the Devil. Purchase price of a kidney: his life. But this Devil isn't the malicious spirit who's the total embodiment of evil: this one's human, the CEO of the biggest drug operation ever established inside of Detroit city limits, and rumored to dabble in the black market for human organs. Though the tab may be staggering, no cost is too steep for the life of Wisdom's precious mother. Her dying wish is to see her disobedient family restored to their once proper alignment with God. She lays her hand on her only responsible son's head and makes him swear the oath. Wisdom isn't ready to honor a dying wish. What good would it do to restore his mother's health if stress from her wayward family delivered her right back to death's doorstep? The Devil gives Wisdom a week to give his mother one more present: the gift of restoring her family back to its rightful splendor. No More Time-Outs follows Wisdom Jones while he prowls the dangerous streets in pursuit of reformation. The clock is running and there're absolutely...no more time-outs!
Homeless at sixteen, Kimpa fell in love with aspiring writer Brody Ellis. Needing money, Brody becomes a pimp, and Kimpa sells her body to obtain a piece of the American dream. Isis meets handsome Denairo Ganteeny, who was posing as an F.B.I. agent. After she witnesses Denairo commit murder she realizes the truth--Denairo isn't F.B.I. but a hit man and she is now his prisoner. Show Stoppah is the courageous story of women who survive and escape the harshness of two powerful men. Bound together by heartache, physical abuse, and betrayal, Kimpa and Isis design an elaborate plot for revenge. Armed with automatic weapons, they storm the parking lot of a radio station in the early morning hours, taking over the airwaves to tell their stories of abuse, hoping to inspire and unite battered women across the nation. And even though the police have sealed off the building and large crowds have gathered outside the station, these two women will only surrender once they share their stories. In Show Stoppah, readers will see what happens when two women are pushed to the limits of frustration, and exactly what they're prepared to do to earn respect.
The compelling sequel to No More Time-Outs finds Wisdom Jones accepting the terms of a deadly proposition from his old enemy: a life for a life. Wisdom Jones's mother needs a kidney and the only donor is one of his old enemies, Highnoon, who offers the organ for the chance to kill Wisdom. Jones accepts the proposition, but issues a stipulation of his own: he wants one week to intervene in the lives of his trifling family members and steer them away from a pathway of destruction. With only a limited time on earth, Wisdom is left with the task of saving the marriage of his only sister from the wrath of her thuggish lover. The next ones will be tricky, but somehow, Wisdom must manage to convince his baby brother to give up the crack pipe and persuade his elder brother from living a very dangerous lifestyle. But the true test will lie in convincing his television evangelist father that pimping from the pulpit can be costly; a forbidden appetite that could ultimately turn fatal. Take One for the Team leaves Wisdom Jones matching wits with deadly adversaries in an attempt to free his family from the hand of destruction and deliver them into the land of righteousness.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.