- Table View
- List View
Successful software depends as much on scrupulous testing as it does on solid architecture or elegant code. But testing is not a routine process, it's a constant exploration of methods and an evolution of good ideas. Beautiful Testing offers 23 essays from 27 leading testers and developers that illustrate the qualities and techniques that make testing an art. Through personal anecdotes, you'll learn how each of these professionals developed beautiful ways of testing a wide range of products -- valuable knowledge that you can apply to your own projects. Here's a sample of what you'll find inside: Microsoft's Alan Page knows a lot about large-scale test automation, and shares some of his secrets on how to make it beautiful Scott Barber explains why performance testing needs to be a collaborative process, rather than simply an exercise in measuring speed Karen Johnson describes how her professional experience intersected her personal life while testing medical software Rex Black reveals how satisfying stakeholders for 25 years is a beautiful thing Mathematician John D. Cook applies a classic definition of beauty, based on complexity and unity, to testing random number generatorsAll author royalties will be donated to the Nothing But Nets campaign to save lives by preventing malaria, a disease that kills millions of children in Africa each year. This book includes contributions from: Adam Goucher Linda Wilkinson Rex Black Martin Schröder Clint Talbert Scott Barber Kamran Khan Emily Chen Brian Nitz Remko Tronçon Alan Page Neal Norwitz Michelle Levesque Jeffrey Yasskin John D. Cook Murali Nandigama Karen N. Johnson Chris McMahon Jennitta Andrea Lisa Crispin Matt Heusser Andreas Zeller David Schuler Tomasz Kojm Adam Christian Tim Riley Isaac Clerencia
Ranging over 30 years of Bob Dylan recordings, films, and concerts, this updated edition includes a new epilogue that examines his 30th anniversary celebration and his 1998 Grammy Award comeback.
Perhaps the first serious analysis of the Beatles' work and its impact on popular music, Tell Me Why is meticulous in its purpose and long overdue. . . . Of the hundreds of books written about [the Beatles] none bring the musical knowledge and the familiarity with the period that Riley offers here. " -- Cleveland Plain Dealer Album by album, song by song, Tim Riley gives us a new, deeper understanding of the Beatles. Outdistancing the countless tell-all biographies that have been written, Riley's study of the Beatles' music is as rigorous as it is soulful. He explores the entire Beatles catalogue, making clear that the legendary four were not simply teen idols -- that they were, in fact, brilliant musical innovators who created timeless songs and virtually invented the album-as-art. From the Trade Paperback edition.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.