CONFESSIONS OF A TABLOID WRITER WHO DOVE INTO THE CESSPOOL OF HIS OWN MIND AND CAME UP WITH INCREDIBLE TABLOID STORIES"Some people aspire to greatness. A combination of bad parenting and coming of age in Baltimore, Maryland, at the same time as John Waters pushed me in a different direction," writes Tom D'Antoni. After fifteen years as a journalist and broadcaster-fifteen years of going after sources and double- and triple-checking facts-D'Antoni was seduced by the dark side: a national supermarket tabloid. When he realized he could entirely make up stories and then quote people he'd just invented-and get paid (poorly) for it-he was hooked.In Rabid Nun Infects Entire Convent, D'Antoni resurrects his favorite stories and reveals the (often sick) thoughts that inspired them. From the mild "Newborn Baby Sings Like Elvis" and "Denture Bandit Steals False Teeth from the Mouths of Victims" to the truly twisted, such as "Grandma Turns Pet Dog Inside Out Looking for Lost Lottery Ticket," "Bag Lady's B.O. Kills Five People on Bus," and "Cult Uses Human Heads for Bowling Balls," they all came straight from D'Antoni's imagination.From the Trade Paperback edition.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.