- Table View
- List View
Starting Out With C++ 8th Edition is intended for use in a two-term or three-term C++ programming sequence, or an accelerated one-term course. The book is written with clear, easy-to-understand language and it covers all the necessary topics for an introductory programming course.
This edition covers the core programming concepts that are introduced in the first semester introductory programming course. The problem-solving approach inspires students while introducing the C++ programming language. The style of teaching builds programming confidence and enhances each student's development of programming skills. Clear and easy-to-read code listings, concise and practical real-world examples, and an abundance of exercises appear in every chapter.
For courses in computer programming in Java Starting Out with Java: From Control Structures through Objects provides a brief yet detailed introduction to programming in the Java language. Starting out with the fundamentals of data types and other basic elements, readers quickly progress to more advanced programming topics and skills. By moving from control structures to objects, readers gain a comprehensive understanding of the Java language and its applications. As with all Gaddis texts, the Sixth Edition is clear, easy to read, and friendly in tone. The text teaches by example throughout, giving readers a chance to apply their learnings by beginning to code with Java.
A language independent programming guide aimed at equipping students with sound fundamental knowledge on logical thinking without the complication of language syntaxes.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.