- Table View
- List View
Primal instinct meets the power of choice in this go-to guide to getting the guy. The last time you locked eyes with a gorgeous, manly specimen across the room or took a detour past the object of your affection, fluffing your locks on your way to the powder room, you probably didn't think you were performing an ancient mating dance. Whether the fashion of the day is miniskirts or mammoth hides, the knowing glances, chest puffing, hair tossing, and backside brandishing are all part of a complicated ritual choreographed over epochs and designed for your very survival. Thankfully, evolution has taken care of the hard part, leaving today's woman with the sometimes daunting task of deciphering the intriguing, often infuriating signals of modern man. In this smart, funny, and invaluable book, nationally renowned body language expert Tonya Reiman decodes the complicated dating game. While some of us seem to have been born with a razor-sharp "sexual instinct," the rest of us could use a little practice. Luckily, the formula for dating success is easy to learn. Within these pages, you'll discover how to display the body language necessary for making solid connections with potential mates, uncover the mysteries of man himself, and find handy new tricks for your attraction arsenal. Not only that, The Body Language of Dating will teach you how to: Whether you feel like you couldn't attract a fireman with your head ablaze or just want to give your seasoned connection-rejection ratio a boost, Tonya Reiman will help you shave time, effort, and heartbreak from your mating quest. She didn't make the rules, but she sure can teach you how to use them. * Read a guy's facial expressions, gestures, and posture for clues to his state of mind. * Tell long-term mates from short-term dates. (Hint: You can often tell just by looking at him!) * Send silent messages that tug on your hottie's heartstrings. * Save yourself from losers like Not-Interested Nate and Stalker Steve and get straight to Mr. Right (or Mr. Right Now). * Wield the science of scent in any social situation. Whether you feel like you couldn't attract a fireman with your head ablaze or just want to give your seasoned connection-rejection ratio a boost, Tonya Reiman will help you shave time, effort, and heartbreak from your mating quest. She didn't make the rules, but she sure can teach you how to use them.
Nationally renowned body language expert Tonya Reiman illuminates what until now has been a gray area in interpersonal communication: harnessing the power of your nonverbal cues to get what you want out of every aspect of life, from professional encounters to personal relationships. Unlike other books on this fascinating topic, The Power of Body Language is your practical, personal playbook for getting what you desire from others -- and zoning in on what others are saying to you without words. Once you know the hidden meaning behind specific gestures, facial cues, stances, and body movements, you will possess a sixth sense that can be a life-changing, career-saving, trouble-shooting skill you will never leave home without! Learn how to: Take control of your own secret signals Gain trust -- and detect untrustworthiness Ace a job interview Shake hands (the right way) Make a dazzling first impression Exude confidence -- even when you're not feeling it Recognize if someone is lying Understand why men and women "speak" a different language Read a face to know a person's inner emotional state...and much more. In an insightful and engaging narrative, Tonya Reiman analyzes all of the components of body language -- the languages of the face, the body, space and touch, and sound. She shows you how to become a Master Communicator with The Reiman Rapport Method, a surefire system for building an instant connection with anyone, in any situation. And she shares the experiences of her clients, from executives to politicians to relationship seekers: Learn from Cindy, a confident and ambitious manager who turned her career around by altering the subconscious messages she was sending her male colleagues...and Peter, the wedding DJ whose client list blossomed as soon as he practiced the art of social smiling! Peppered with photos and fun facts, The Power of Body Language is as entertaining as it is instructive. Get the power to send and receive the messages you want -- and never be left in the dark again.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.