At the top of her class in the Ontario Police Academy, Miranda McCauley is an athletically gifted, intensely ambitious young woman. Angry for allowing herself to be seduced and dumped by her predatory physical training instructor, Miranda resolves not to let anything stand in the way of her career. When Miranda falls for fellow recruit Miki Paxton, their love affair ignites a firestorm of searing passion. But even Miki can't melt Miranda's ambitions to be a police chief by the time she's forty, and the two-part company on graduation day. Years later, in line for a big promotion and engaged to the mayor's son, Miranda seems well on the way to achieving her goals. No one would suspect that this outstanding policewoman is haunted by an emptiness that no amount of success can fill. Then Miki transfers to Miranda's town...
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.