- Table View
- List View
Zack is on the go in this adorable book that celebrates the many ways in which young children get from one place to the next. As he grows from six months to six years old, we see Zack crawl, cruise, toddle, climb, walk, and run-right up to the day when he boards a school bus for the first time!
Holly's not a baby anymore. She can dress, eat, and clean up all by herself . . . almost! Holly's eager to dress herself and brush her own hair--and she almost, kind of, nearly succeeds. When her clothes end up mismatched or her hair is sticking up, her family is always ready to step in and help. But there's one thing she does perfectly: she hugs Daddy good night before going right to sleep! This sweet, simple story is one that all preschoolers will relate to.
Time for bed, Little Tex. Rio Rosie, goodnight. Jump in your bunkbedsAnd close your eyes tight. So begins this dreamy, soothing poem that takes Tex and Rosie into the starry night.
This story, written for military families, is about a visit from "the Santa of Sailors" to those who can't be home for Christmas. 'Twas the night before Christmas, when way out to sea Not a creature was stirring to windward or lee. The sailors were nestled all snug in their racks Like orders of pancakes, so tight were the stacks. One Christmas Eve out at sea, some homesick sailors are paid a visit by Master Chief Claus, the Santa of Sailors. This lively and poignant tale was inspired by Clement C. Moore's classic yuletide poem.
"'Twas the night before Christmas, and all through the baseOnly sentries were stirring--they guarded the place.The soldiers were sleeping and snoring awayAs they dreamed of 'back home' on good Christmas Day..."One Christmas Eve at a military barracks in the Middle East, some homesick soldiers are paid a visit by Sergeant McClaus, the Santa of Soldiers. This lively and poignant tale is inspired by Clement C. Moore's classic yuletide poem.From the Hardcover edition.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.