- Table View
- List View
This color illustrated reference for students of gross anatomy offers material in self-contained two-page spreads, illustrated with a total of 2,400 color anatomical illustrations and diagnostic images with call-out labels and captions noting clinical correlations. Material is presented in units on body regions: back, thorax, abdomen, pelvis and perineum, upper limb, lower limb, head and neck, and neuroanatomy. Each unit starts with surface anatomy, then represents bones, muscles, vasculature, and nerves, and closes with a topographical summary of the area. This second edition contains new sectional anatomy spreads at the end of each major unit; surface anatomy spreads now include region and reference lines. Some content has been reorganized to more closely parallel the progression and content of a typical dissection curriculum. Much of the artwork is new for this edition. The companion website contains labeled and unlabeled images from the book, plus timed self-tests. Annotation ©2012 Book News, Inc. , Portland, OR (booknews. com)
Metastasis Research Protocols describes in detail all the methods needed to investigate why and how metastasis occurs. Volume I presents a comprehensive collection of established and leading-edge techniques for analyzing the expression of key molecules and for examining their production at the genetic level. The work focuses on the analysis and mapping of molecules produced by cells and tissues, and on the molecular biology underlying their expression. The traditional methods range from the histopathological and the immunocytochemical to SDS-PAGE, Western blotting, and enzyme zymography. Newer and more specialized techniques for analyzing the genetic aspects of metastasis include in situ hybridization to localize mRNAs, FISH, CGH, methylation analysis of CpG islands, RT-PCR, and differential display. Volume II presents a comprehensive collection of established and leading-edge techniques for examining metastatic behavior in vitro and whole animal models. Methods are provided for the separation of cell lines with high and low metastatic potential, along with assay systems to test defined aspects of the metastatic cascade. These systems include cell migration assays, assays for matrix degrading enzymes, basement membrane degrading assays, adhesion assays, and assays of angiogenesis. The detailed descriptions of animal models of metastasis cover the use of immunodeficient animals, syngenic and transgenic models, and orthotopic models of metastasis.
Diverse molecular, cellular, and environmental events must all come together to allow the successful formation of secondary cancers, metastases. The second edition of Metastasis Research Protocols, brings together the most up to date versions of the seminal techniques that were presented in the first edition and also includes new techniques that have recently been shown to be important in illuminating the processes underlying this important area of biology. Presented by top scientists, the collection includes a wide spectrum of articles encompassing important key methods and to introduce new methods which are making an impact in the area of metastasis research. Volume 1 includes key cellular and molecular techniques relevant to the exploration of cancer cells and tissues, the focus is on the tools that have been shown to be helpful in unravelling the molecular processes important in cancer metastasis. Written in the highly successful Methods in Molecular BiologyTM series format, chapters include introductions to their respective topics, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step, readily reproducible laboratory protocols, and key tips on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls. Authoritative and practical, Metastasis Research Protocols, Second Edition seeks to aid scientists in the further study of new methods in the area of metastasis research.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.