The voice is a powerful instrument in music therapy practice and this anthology of voicework techniques explores everything the practitioner and researcher needs to know in order to bring about successful vocal interventions across a broad range of client groups. Compiling a wealth of international evidence-based practice, this book offers detailed descriptions of clinical methods that are grounded in research. Chapters are grouped into structured and unstructured approaches for use with clients of all ages. Clinical populations covered include neonates, children with autism or developmental disability, individuals with neurological damage including stroke, Parkinson's disease patients, traumatic brain injury, and spinal injury, people with mental illness, medical conditions such as asthma and pain, oncology and palliative care, aged care and dementia. This book will be an invaluable resource for any music therapy student, practitioner or researcher looking to explore the use of voicework in music therapy.
The authors bring together 16 chapters by a group of music therapy voicework specialists from North America, Europe, Asia, and Australia who describe to music therapy students, practitioners, and researchers voicework techniques for clients of all ages. They explain structured and free approaches to voicework with autistic and at-risk children; adults who were told as children they could not sing; newborns; individuals with emotional trauma, dementia, spinal cord injury, traumatic brain injury, neurological damage, Parkinson's disease, and aphasia or apraxia; and those in hospice or palliative care. Annotation ©2012 Book News, Inc. , Portland, OR (booknews. com)
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.