In this new age of science and technology, microchip methods of analysis have developed into an essential tool for biomedical researchers. Microchip Methods in Diagnostics looks at this increasingly miniaturized technology, focusing on DNA microarrays, protein microarrays, and labs-on-chips, and supporting the introduction of new diagnostic methods based on microtechnologies. The work provides a background on the technological aspects of each of these methods, followed by chapters describing the methods with regard to specific applications. Since it uses only those processes which have reached a certain level of maturation, this volume is able to provide approaches that are applicable in practice even by the non-expert. Composed in the highly successful Methods in Molecular Biology series format, each chapter contains a brief introduction, step-by-step methods, a list of necessary materials, and a Notes section which shares tips on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls. An innovative and cutting-edge work, Microchip Methods in Diagnostics strives to bring the technology of microchips even further into the world of diagnostics, predicting incredible benefits for patients in the years to come.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.