- Table View
- List View
In this new age of science and technology, microchip methods of analysis have developed into an essential tool for biomedical researchers. Microchip Methods in Diagnostics looks at this increasingly miniaturized technology, focusing on DNA microarrays, protein microarrays, and labs-on-chips, and supporting the introduction of new diagnostic methods based on microtechnologies. The work provides a background on the technological aspects of each of these methods, followed by chapters describing the methods with regard to specific applications. Since it uses only those processes which have reached a certain level of maturation, this volume is able to provide approaches that are applicable in practice even by the non-expert. Composed in the highly successful Methods in Molecular Biology series format, each chapter contains a brief introduction, step-by-step methods, a list of necessary materials, and a Notes section which shares tips on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls. An innovative and cutting-edge work, Microchip Methods in Diagnostics strives to bring the technology of microchips even further into the world of diagnostics, predicting incredible benefits for patients in the years to come.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.