- Table View
- List View
The debut of an entrancing new storyteller, Vaite seasons her tale with charming bits of Tahitian tradition and folk wisdom. A heroine you'll wish was your best friend. Her name is Materena Mahi, and she's the best listener in Tahiti. In Tahiti it's a well-known fact that women are wisest and mothers know best. But it's Materena Mahi who really knows best of all. Everyone--everyone except Materena's daughter, that is--seems to think so. Materena starts her new job as a professional cleaner at the same time she becomes the mother of her beautiful baby girl. Leilani is a challenge almost from the start, posing questions ("Why doesn't it snow in Tahiti?") that seem to Materena not worth wondering about. Soon enough, mother and daughter are engaged in a tug-of-war that tests the bonds of their mutual love. Materena is determined her girl will grow to be a smart, considerate, take-no-nonsense young woman. But when Leilani meets Hotu, a handsome boy and a heartbreaker for sure, Materena must figure out what's best for her daughter--and for herself.
Now that Materena is a big star with her radio talk show, Pito can't help noticing some changes in his wife. She's spending more and more time at work and with her girlfriends instead of coming home to cook for him. And why does a Tahitian woman need to know how to drive, anyway? He tries to shrug it off, but when Materena gives him the silent treatment and doesn't come home after a night of dancing, Pito has had enough! How is he supposed to fix things with Materena when she doesn't even give him a chance? Luckily for Pito, his opportunity comes when a threemonth- old girl named Tiare--rumored to be their son Tomatoa's daughter--is left on the Mahis' doorstep. Anxious to pull his weight and set things right, Pito embarks on a hilarious and noble mission to prove himself to his granddaughter, his wife, and--most importantly-- himself. TIARE IN BLOOM is the heartwarming story of a couple facing big changes on a small island--and a love that outlasts it all.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.