- Table View
- List View
While providing many accounts of near-death experiences (NDEs) from men, women, and children of all ages and backgrounds, Lessons from the Light is much more than just an inspiring collection of NDEs. In Lessons near-death expert Kenneth Ring extracts the pure gold of the NDE and with a beautiful balance of sound research and human insight reveals the practical wisdom held within these experiences. This material includes reports of out-of-body experiences, children's NDEs, blind people gaining sight during NDE episodes.
According to researchers in the field, over 8 million Americans have undergone a near-death experience (NDE). Ms. Valarino, an expert in NDE history, presents this phenomenon in a probing multidisciplinary examination: a dialogue with distinguished investigators and scholars in the fields of psychology, biology, physics, neurophysiology, theology, and philosophy to explore different understandings of the NDE. These six eminent personnel propose original and scientifically stimulating hypotheses on the NDE phenomenon: Professor Kenneth Ring, a world-renowned psychologist, presents a vast survey of the latest research; Professor Michel Lefeuvre, a philosopher, provides the first extensive philosophical analysis of the NDE phenomenon; Professors Louis-Marie Vincent, a biologist, Régis Duthiel, a theoretical physicist, and Paul Chauchard, a neurophysiologist, put forth highly interesting theories with respect to their scientific fields of expertise; and, Lord Bishop Jean Vernette, delegate of the French Episcopate and advisor to the Vatican, puts forth the views of the Catholic Church. On the Other Side of Life is an unbiased exchange of ideas and knowledge on the near-death experience. Ms. Valarino infuses this book with disarming intellectual honesty, leaving a lasting impression on anyone willing to open up to this fascinating phenomenon as well as professionals in the areas of psychology, philosophy, neuroscience, and theology.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.