- Table View
- List View
Anaesthetic and Perioperative Complications dissects the nature of complications and helps anaesthetists and anaesthetic practitioners understand, avoid and manage them efficiently. Leading experts combine the detailed clinical management of common and important anaesthetic and perioperative complications with discussion of the key philosophical, ethical and medico-legal issues that arise with assessing a medical complication. Initial chapters discuss how and why complications occur, the prevention of complications and risk management. The main body of the text reviews the clinical management of airway, respiratory, cardiovascular, neurological, psychological, endocrine, hepatic, renal and transfusion-related complications, as well as injury during anaesthesia, complications related to regional and obstetric anaesthesia, drug reactions, equipment malfunction and post-operative management of complications. Each chapter contains sample cases of complications and medical errors, giving clinical scenario, outcomes and recommendations for improved management. This is an important practical and clinical text for all anaesthetists and anaesthetic practitioners, both trained and trainees.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.