- Table View
- List View
The Dirty Girls are back, saucier and sexier than ever... but would it be wrong to ask them to be a little smarter, too?? Especially when it comes to men. And sex. Lauren Fernandez is at the top of her game as the cleverest columnist the Boston Gazette has on board-- but she can't quite figure out how to pick a guy or how to eat (and not drink) like a healthy person. Usnavys is still sashaying all over town, 260 pounds of her dolled up in designer duds and ready for action-- from anyone except her husband Juan, that is. He's become just a bit boring staying home scrubbing the tub and cooking up chicken fingers for pre-schooler Carolina while somebody else brings home the bacon. Maybe the other Dirty Girls could help Lauren and 'navy out, but they've got their own messes to deal with: Rebecca Baca hasn't gained a pound since college (well, who would, if they had an ounce of self-control?) but suspects her picture-perfect marriage may not yield the baby she longs for; Sara may be the star of her own decorating show on cable television, but her dangerous pull toward her ex-husband Roberto isn't so pretty; Amber keeps renaming herself and doesn't want to hear that her soulfulness and reinvention aren't enough to make fans actually buy her music; and Elizabeth is discovering that a relationship with another woman takes more than bravery and a nesting instinct. Dirty Girls on Top is about trying to figure it all out without quite as much time left as there was five years ago.; And it's about sex and love--getting it, not getting it, yearning for it, having it with the wrong person, fighting it from the right person, trying it a new way, giving up on it. And, in the end, if your fingers are crossed and the planets are in alignment, having it come out just the way it should.
Meet the "Sucias" or "Dirty Girls" who meet every few months in Boston. Learn about their loves, their lives, and what it's like living Latina in America. There's Lauren: a "Cuban white trash" girl. Amber: an aspiring Mexican rock singer. Sara, who has the perfect life with Roberto, or so everyone thinks. Usnavys, a girl who is loud and proud to be rich looking for love, and Elizabeth a morning anchor woman guarding a secret, and last but not least, Rebecca, or "becca Baca" as Lauren calls her, who is as uptight as they come, or is she? This book will make you laugh and cry, as you weave your way through their lives and loves.
When Paski's cartoonist father returns to Taos from a business trip, she knows her life is taking a turn for the worse. Paski and her father move to Southern California, where his comic strip has been optioned for a movie. At her new high school, haters rule--especially beautiful and cruel Jessica Nguyen.
From the front cover flap: "Ricky Biscayne is a sexy Latin singing sensation who has topped the charts and taken the pop world by storm. He's also stormed into the lives and dreams of the women who orbit him: Milan, Ricky's new publicist, smart as a whip and chubby as only a girl who still lives at home with her parents can be. Geneva, Milan's sister, as lean and chic as Milan is not; her Club G promises to be Miami's hottest new thing. Jasminka, Ricky's gorgeous Serbian model wife, who might finally eat a little something now that she's pregnant. Irene, a firefighter whose high-school romance with Ricky was the last love in her life; currently she's eking out an existence for herself and her daughter, Sophia. Sophia, who is beginning to suspect that she and Ricky Biscayne look a little too much alike. Jill Sanchez, an omnivorous media-manic Latina star who has crossed over from CDs to perfume, clothes, and movies." Satirical and amusing; not everything is as it seems to be; explicitly unromantically described sex; obscenities.
Each a Latina in her late 20's -take Los Angeles by storm Marcella, Olivia and Alexis have bonded not only over the trouble with men but about how tough it is to make life work in L.A. no matter what you do. Marcella is a hot young television actress, hardly able to enjoy the life she's bought for herself and certainly not enjoying her body, which is never quite perfect enough. Olivia's boy is her toddler son-and she's tethered to him and to her suburban mommy track so tightly the other girls sometimes cringe. Alexis has a smart mouth and an ample body; she's a beautiful musicians' manager with loads of style but about enough self-esteem to fill a Prada card case. Her complicated love affair with the casually sexy Cuban rapper Goyo is a deeply satisfying romance that will delight readers almost as much as the emotional richness and girly fun of the heroines' friendship.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.