Do you know your letters? Can you count to twenty? Learn all that and more in this all-in-one concept picture book. Perfect for kids heading to kindergarten, this book covers the alphabet, counting, opposites, shapes, colors, and seasons. Award winning author-illustrator Valorie Fisher uses bright, gorgeous photos of retro toys to illustrate these topics in a completely fresh way. Parents will love this stylish and funny approach to basic concepts, while kids will learn, well, everything.From the Hardcover edition.
Believe it or not, once Bessie balanced a tower of 8 beets. But today, when she tries to balance 8 beets . . . 3 fall. How many beets does Bessie balance today?A clever text and imaginative art mesh to create playful, simple math problems right on target for ages 5-99 . . . anyone who loves the magic of numbers! In this School Library Journal Best Book of the Year, budding young mathematicians can help Heloise add her dimes, nickels, and pennies to see which hat in Madame Millie's Hat Shop she can buy. Or they can tell time with Lulu at the Tutti-Frutti Zoo, where Lollipop Licking begins at 9:00 sharp.From the Hardcover edition.
Moxy's back, and ready (kind of, sort of) for her big piano recital!In this hilarious third installment about everyone's favorite 'tween procrastinator, Moxy Maxwell is set to make her Piano Debut, playing a duet of "Heart and Soul" with her little sister, Pansy. It's too bad she has no time to practice. Between costume fittings, trying on her crown, warming up her voice, and putting on her stage makeup, Moxy can't possibly worry about the actual performance. But soon it's upon her, and Moxy feels something she's only felt once before in her entire life: nervous! She's not sure she can go on. Of course, Moxy is Moxy and she rises to the occasion brilliantly.From the Hardcover edition.
It wasn't as if Moxy Maxwell hadn't tried to do her summer reading. She and Stuart Little had been inseparable all summer, like best friends. If Stuart Little wasn't in her backpack, it was in her lap . . . or holding up the coffee table . . . or getting splashed when Moxy went swimming. But now it's the end of August--the day before fourth grade. And if Moxy doesn't read all of Stuart Little immediately, there are going to be "consequences."It may look like Moxy is doing nothing, but actually she is very busy with a zillion highly crucial thingsÑlike cleaning up her room (sort of) and training her dog and taking a much-needed rest in the hammock. Just look at the pictures her twin brother Mark takes to document it all--they're scattered throughout--and you'll see why it's so difficult to make time for a book about a mouse.Of course our heroine does manage to finish her book, falling so in love with it that she finds herself reading under the covers with a flashlight, late into the night.From the Hardcover edition.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.