- Table View
- List View
Newly expanded: the bestselling beginner's guide to mindfulness and better health in eight minutes a day.These days everyone is learning mindfulness, from the Super Bowl Champion Seattle Seahawks to stars like Goldie Hawn and Ellen Degeneres. But mindful meditation is not just for celebrities, CEOs, and professional athletes. Mindful meditation is an incredible tool that anyone can master for a better life. This newly expanded edition features the original, easy, and complete eight-minute-a-day program with a new introduction that aligns the concepts of mindfulness and meditation more closely together. In just the amount of time between television commercials, you can develop a powerful mindfulness practice that can last a lifetime.
In recent years, mainstream Americans have begun to come around to meditation in a big way-and scientific studies are suggesting that the physical and mental benefits are solid and real. But to many, it remains something mystical and inaccessible. . . and spiritually-oriented tomes on the market don't do much to make it easier. As interest in meditation continues to grow, this book offers a simple, no-nonsense program to help beginners experience reduced stress and increased focus in only eight minutes a day. Designed by meditation expert and bestselling author Victor Davich, this program teaches the basic principles of meditation while clearing up the misconceptions and myths that too often get in the way.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ���DAISY Text with Images���.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.