- Table View
- List View
Explore the versatility and beauty of polymer clay! In this new book, author Victoria Hughes shows readers an amazing array of finishes for this magical medium. Hughes presents, in detail, how polymer clay can imitate various materials including ivory, jade, coral, shell, onyx, and turquoise through assorted finishing, shaping, baking, and molding techniques. Eighteen unique and stunning projects, including an ivory pendant and an accordion-style jade book, are featured and illustrated by 250 beautiful, step-by-step photographs and detailed line drawings. A gallery of finished pieces by the author and more than 10 other skilled artists offers inspiration for readers to go beyond what is presented to make their own unique creations. Hughes, a well-known polymer clay artist, invented these techniques and teaches them nationwide. New, inventive, and amazing techniques to make polymer clay imitate more than 10 different materials Gorgeous photos of completed pieces to inspire creativity Complete information and step-by-step instructions for creating each look
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.