- Table View
- List View
Beating Your Eating Disorder: A Cognitive Behavioral Self-Help Guide for Adult Sufferers and Their Carersby Glenn Waller Victoria Mountford Rachel Lawson Emma Gray Helen Cordery Hendrik Hinrichsen
Do you or does someone you know, suffer from an eating disorder such as anorexia nervosa, bulimia nervosa or a less typical set of symptoms? The most effective, evidence-based treatment for adults with eating disorders is cognitive-behavioural therapy (CBT). This book presents a highly effective self-help CBT programme for all eating disorders, in an accessible format. It teaches skills to sufferers and carers alike. This book is relevant to any sufferer, if: · You are not yet sure about whether to seek help · You are not sure where to find help · Your family doctor or others recommend that you try a self-help approach · You are waiting for therapy with a clinician, and want to get the best possible start to beating your eating disorder
This book describes the application of cognitive behavioural principles to patients with a wide range of eating disorders - it covers those with straightforward problems and those with more complex conditions or co-morbid states. The book takes a highly pragmatic view. It is based on the published evidence, but stresses the importance of individualized, principle-based clinical work. It describes the techniques within the widest clinical context, for use across the age range and from referral to discharge. Throughout the text, the links between theory and practice are highlighted in order to stress the importance of the flexible application of skills to each new situation. Case studies and sample dialogs are employed to demonstrate the principles in action and the book concludes with a set of useful handouts for patients and other tools. This book will be essential reading for all those working with eating-disordered patients including psychologists, psychiatrists, nurses, counsellors, dieticians, and occupational therapists.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ���DAISY Text with Images���.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.