- Table View
- List View
The 6th edition of this popular core text provides the essential teaching theory and practice for primary English. It promotes effective teaching through secure pedagogical knowledge, covering the key skills of planning, monitoring and assessment and class management, and relating these specifically to primary English. This 6th edition is linked to the 2012 Teachers' Standards. With full coverage of the theory and practice required for effective and creative English teaching, this text is an essential guide for all trainees working towards QTS. Throuhgout, practical guidance and features support trainees to translate this learning to the classroom, embed ICT in their lessons and to understand the wider context of their teaching. Trainees will find it helpful to use this book alongside Primary English Knowledge and Understanding. About the Achieving QTS series All the books in this successful series support trainees through their initial teacher training and guide them in the acquisition of their subject knowledge, understanding and classroom practice. All new titles within the series link to the 2012 Teachers' Standards and take into accont recent changes in Initial Teacher Training. Jane Medwell is an Associate Professor of Education at the Institute of Education, University of Warwick. David Wray is Professor of Literacy Education at the Institute of Education, University of Warwick. Hilary Minns co-ordinates primary English courses in the Institute of Education, University of Warwick. Elizabeth Coates works in the Institute of Education, University of Warwick, where she co-ordinate Early Years courses. Vivienne Griffiths is Professor of Education at Canterbury Christ Church University.
The essential subject knowledge text for primary English. Secure subject knowledge and understanding is the foundation of confident, creative and effective teaching. The 5th edition of this popular text has a number of new features including a new self assessment section and M level extension boxes to provide further challenge in all chapters. References to the 2007 QTS Standards and the Early Years Foundation Stage are also included. With full coverage of the English curriculum, and updated research summaries reflecting the latest thinking, this text is written to help trainee primary teachers develop and consolidate their knowledge of English.
This popular text is used in teaching theory and practice for primary English in the UK. Covering the key skills of planning, monitoring, assessment, and class management, the book relates these specifically to primary English. The fifth edition includes new features making specific links to the UK's Every Child Matters and outlining how information and communication technology can be embedded into the teaching of primary English. This text is an indispensable guide for primary trainees on the theory and practice required for effective and creative English teaching.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.