- Table View
- List View
Through a combination of careful scholarship and the warmth of the deep personal devotion of the author, this book provides the authoritative English study of Eastern orthodox theology. Lossky's account makes clear the profound theological differences between East and West, as well as offering an important contribution to ecumenism and to the life of Christian devotion. The tradition of the Eastern Church is presented as a mystical theology with doctrine and experience mutually supporting each other. The Mystical Theology of the Eastern Church was first published in Paris in 1944 as Essai sur la Theologie Mystique de l'Eglise d'Orient. It has been translated by a small group of members of the Fellowship of St Alban and St Sergius, which exists to promote understanding between Eastern and Western Christians.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.