- Table View
- List View
Walter Burley (c. 1275-1344/45) is not as well-known as his contemporaries, Duns Scotus and William of Ockham, but says his translator, Burley was "one of the most important figures in the transformation of medieval logic and semantic theory that took place in the early 14th century. " Burley is probably less well-known because although he developed several late medieval tools and techniques of logical and semantic analysis, he many times used those tools and techniques to defend traditional views. This translation by Spade (philosophy, Indiana U. ) is purported to be the first complete English translation of the Latin original, the only complete edition of Burley's treatises (circulated in a longer and shorter version), corrected by Spade on the basis of one of the surviving manuscripts. Spade translates both the shorter and longer versions and includes an introduction, explanatory notes, a table of corresponding passages between the two versions, an annotated bibliography, and three indexes. Annotation copyrighted by Book News Inc. , Portland, OR
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.