- Table View
- List View
Walter Burley (c. 1275-1344/45) is not as well-known as his contemporaries, Duns Scotus and William of Ockham, but says his translator, Burley was "one of the most important figures in the transformation of medieval logic and semantic theory that took place in the early 14th century. " Burley is probably less well-known because although he developed several late medieval tools and techniques of logical and semantic analysis, he many times used those tools and techniques to defend traditional views. This translation by Spade (philosophy, Indiana U. ) is purported to be the first complete English translation of the Latin original, the only complete edition of Burley's treatises (circulated in a longer and shorter version), corrected by Spade on the basis of one of the surviving manuscripts. Spade translates both the shorter and longer versions and includes an introduction, explanatory notes, a table of corresponding passages between the two versions, an annotated bibliography, and three indexes. Annotation copyrighted by Book News Inc. , Portland, OR
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.