- Table View
- List View
A story about teenage pregnancy involving Harry, Jennifer, and eleven other characters, in which the reader can write the conclusion of each chapter.
From Walter Dean Myers, the New York Times bestselling author of Monster, comes an all-new 20-page one-act play. Tags is a look at life and death in New York City, complete with a shocking end. Four New York City teens are shot down in the prime of life. They move through limbo, re-creating their distinctive tags in a Harlem walk-up so that they can "live" forever. But what's the point? How can you think of living forever if you're already dead? Walter Dean Myers is a New York Times bestselling author, the current National Ambassador for Young People's Literature, a Newbery Honoree, and an inaugural NYC Literary Honoree. He is considered a preeminent writer for children. He lives in Jersey City, New Jersey, with his family.
2 teenagers uncover a plot to rob the tomb of an Egyptian pharaoh.
In 1410 Spain, three young cat friends join the warrior cats as they struggle to save their beloved Granada from the vicious dogs of the Fidorean Guard.
A collection of paintings by Jacob Lawrence chronicling the liberation of Haiti in 1804 under the leadership of General Toussaint L'Ouverture.
History of the USS Constellation, a medium-sized frigate used during the Revolutionary War.
Mr. Reese, the coach of the basketball team, says there are only four spots left in the team. Jamie, by his sheer ability and efforts, makes it to the team.
Newbery and Coretta Scott King award-winning author Walter Dean Myers's the WWII JOURNAL OF SCOTT PENDLETON COLLINS is now available in paperback, with an exciting repackaging! Following in the footsteps of his father and great-grandfather, both war veterans, Scott Pendleton Collins signs up for the army during the height of World War II. He is shipped out to England only to face weeks of boredom. He and his unit want to be out in the fields, doing something to help the Allied forces. Finally, the comrades find themselves on a boat heading to Normandy, France, in the dead of night. But as his boat approaches the beach, Scott suddenly realizes what they are up against, and it is an impossible invasion. Nothing in basic training, nothing he's heard from other soldiers, nothing he has ever experienced prepares Scott for what awaits on Omaha Beach. As D-Day rages around him, Scott is separated from his unit. Lost in the bloody chaos, he must find a way to live through the battle. Revolving around one of the most famous invasions in history, Scott's story is one of bravery and victory, heartache and pain, loss and survival.
WALTER DEAN MYERS returns to the world of145th Street: Short Storiesto show how love can be found, and thrive, in the most unlikely places. Curtis finds love in Iraq as he struggles to stay alive in a war he doesn't want to fight, and Letha discovers her own beauty in the love of her child. There is the "good daughter" who realizes that there's only one way to help her brother and her family. Other stories center on the daily drama of the Curl-E-Que beauty shop, or capture the slapstick side of passion. From the Hardcover edition.
Fourteen-year-old Stephen, his new foster brother, and his friends are sentenced to help out an old age home for the summer after Stephen is caught writing graffiti on a train.
Five devoted friends become landlords and try to make their Harlem neighborhood a better place to live.
Relates events in Martin Luther King, Jr.'s, childhood which sowed the seeds for his activism for equal rights for people, regardless of their color.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.