- Table View
- List View
This work provides an accessible guide to the legal rights and requirements of those owning or managing residential rental properties (excluding public and "Section 8" housing, mobile home parks and marinas, and live/work units such as lofts) that is meant to be generalizable to all 50 states. The treatment is organized chronologically from the acceptance of rental applications to security deposit requirements upon tenant vacancy, covering, along the way, such topics as lease and rental agreements, rent and rent control, discrimination, property managers, cotenants and sublets, repair and maintenance duties, liability for dangerous conditions and criminal acts and activities, landlord's right of entry and tenants' privacy, terminations and evictions, dispute resolution, and lawyers and legal research. Although the text's discussion is general, state landlord- tenant law charts are provided in an appendix, as are 34 model forms. Annotation ©2007 Book News, Inc., Portland, OR (booknews.com)
Proper presentation of a small claims court case can make the difference between receiving a check and writing one. This bestselling guide shows readers how to: decide the legitimacy of a case; determine how much to sue for; find out whether it's possible to collect; settle a case before it goes to court; file and serve papers; and more. The book covers small claims court procedures in Canada as well as the U.S.
The definitive guide for more than 20 years, this book explains how to present a winning case from start to finish. It illustrates how to: decide the legitimacy of a case; write a demand letter; file and serve papers; prepare evidence and witnesses for court; argue before a judge; defend a Small Claims case; and collect money after winning. Includes down-to-earth examples of the most common Small Claims Court cases.
Warner founded Nolo Press in 1971, built the company and authored or co-authored many of its books, and happily retired. This updated edition of his compendium of advice, interviews, and exemplar cases includes coverage of finances, lifestyle choices, and coping strategies as well as new health research and information about how to prepare for retirement while still in midlife. Annotation ©2004 Book News, Inc., Portland, OR (booknews.com)
Buy a home in California using these effective strategies A thorough, practical guide to every aspect of buying a house, How to Buy a House in California will help you make informed decisions that can save you thousands of dollars. With this bestseller in hand, you'll learn how to: . choose a house and neighborhood . find the right agent . get the most up-to-date information on mortgage options and rates . take advantage of creative financing strategies - from seller financing to government loans . figure out how much down payment you can afford . make an offer and negotiate with confidence for the best price . buy a new house in a development . inspect a house for physical problems and environmental hazards . juggle buying and selling houses simultaneously . successfully go through escrow This edition is completely updated to reflect a new housing market. You'll get the most up-to-date information on how to perform effective research before you decide on the price and terms of your offer. Plus, you'll get the lowdown on the ever-changing process of securing financing successfully.
This excellent book should be required reading for all landlords and tenants. It is easy reading yet filled with important, accurate and profitable information.
Living together out of wedlock can mean anything, especially in court -- unlike married couples, most unmarried couples don't automatically inherit or receive protection under the law. Consequently, you must document everything from property ownership and children to wills and other estate plans. An essential resource for any unmarried couple, Living Together explains: -the legality of living together -having and raising children -the many types of ownership agreements -relationships with a prior family -getting authorization to make medical decisions for an ill or injured partner Living Together includes: -a complete overview of important legal documents, including a living together contract -instructions to filling out these documents -sample forms -legal agreements This edition provides the latest law in readable 50-state charts, and includes many fill-in-the-blank legal forms. It also discusses the laws covering same-sex marriages and civil unions, which are often so broad, they affect unmarried heterosexual couples as well.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.