- Table View
- List View
Two centuries ago, Timothy (a young preacher and new Christian), Titus (an elder in a troubled church), and Philemon (owner of a runaway slave and culturally directed to kill that slave) were facing challenges to faith which in different guises bother Christians today. Could (and should) Philemon forgive? How might Timothy remain faithful while being pulled in a thousand conflicting directions? How does one lead a church and not get burried by discouragement?
So you're a Christian. Great. But, of course, if you want to be a really good Christian, you must now ... How you finish that sentence is critical. Finish it incorrectly, as many people do, and you fall into the same trap that ensnared first-century Christians in Galatia. This expository study of Paul's first epistle can help you complete the sentence correctly. And it will clearly tell you one way not to complete it. It's great to be a Christian. It's even better to be a really good Christian and at the same time Be Free.
Bible study of the book of Philippians
We know that when we're sick or sorrowing or passing through life's difficult trials, we should give our burdens to Jesus. But do you ever wonder just what these difficulties in your life mean to Him? The Gospel of John provides us with a detailed picture of how Jesus ministered to some very special people in His life as they faced sickness and death. And as we examine Jesus' response to the sorrows of His friends Mary and Martha, we can begin to see how Jesus can meet our needs as well. This collection of 30 meditations-one for each day of the month-can help you over your rough paths and teach you to focus your thoughts on Jesus and your sorrows.
An accessible reference book of brief practical chapters on sixty-three Bible characters, in chronological order, with each life summarized in one sentence from Scripture providing informative and devotional content. When we read about biblical personalities, we often discover mirrors in which we see ourselves. This book presents the biographical descriptions of sixty-three key Bible characters, from Old and New Testaments, and summarizes each one in one statement from the Bible. The book includes the author's ?life sentence? and a challenge to the reader to determine what his or her life sentence is. The purpose is to help the reader ?meet himself/herself in the Bible? and take steps to grow in grace and in the knowledge of Christ.
Daily meditations on the Psalms, one for every day of the year.
Because it is not easy to discover spiritual essentials without some guidance, Wiersbe shares with readers this chapter-by-chapter guide to the Bible. Designed to supplement daily Bible readings, its helps readers gain a more personal understanding of Scripture. GmbH. All rights reserved.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.