- Table View
- List View
Hematologic malignancies were the first human cancers to be studied in depth at the molecular level, and recent years have seen important advances in treatment. This comprehensive reference book covers the full range of hematologic malignancies, including all subtypes of leukemias, lymphomas, and plasma cell dyscrasias. Authored by internationally known experts, each chapter emphasizes diagnostic work-up, staging, and therapeutic approaches. Up-to-date hematopathology, treatment, and outcomes data are presented in a way which is directly applicable to patient care. Highly illustrated with color images, graphs, flowcharts and treatment algorithms, the book is perfect for quick clinical reference as well as providing detailed reference lists for further study. With its authoritative and practical focus and visually stimulating presentation, this is a key text for hematology and oncology fellows, physicians, oncology nurses, physician assistants and other healthcare workers in the field of oncology.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.