Whether you prefer it cold out of the fridge or hot and crispy on a buttery biscuit, you will find your new favorite fried chicken recipe in Fried & True, serving up more than 50 recipes for America's most decadently delicious food.Lee Schrager has left no stone unturned in his quest to find America's best fried chicken. From four-star restaurants to roadside fry shacks, you'll learn how to brine your bird, give it a buttermilk bath, batter or even double batter it, season with loads of spices, and fry it up to golden perfection. Recipes to savor include:--Hattie B's Hot Chicken--Yotam Ottolenghi's Seeded Chicken Schnitzel with Parsley-Caper Mayonnaise--Marcus Samuelsson's Coconut Fried Chicken with Collards and Gravy--Jacques-Imo's Fried Chicken and Smothered Cabbage--The Loveless Café's Fried Chicken and Hash Brown Casserole--Blackberry Farm's Sweet Tea-Brined Fried Chicken--Charles Phan's Hard Water Fried Chicken--Thomas Keller's Buttermilk Fried Chicken--Wylie Dufresne's Popeyes-Style Chicken Tenders and BiscuitsSink your teeth into Fried & True, the source of your next great fried chicken masterpiece and a tribute to America's most beloved culinary treasure.From the Trade Paperback edition.
Have you noticed people aren't as polite as they once were or that rudeness is no longer an exception but a lifestyle? Sure you have. All you need to do is set foot outside your door to see that bad manners are taking over everywhere. Just look and you'll see: People yak on cell phones in restaurants, and even at church. Folks in carpools wear enough cologne to make your eyes bleed. Family outings to the ballpark are ruined by rowdy drunks. People talk in movie theaters like they are in their living rooms.Well, Whoopi Goldberg has noticed all this and more and asked herself, "Is it just me?" Unleashing her trademark irreverence and humor, her book of observations takes a funny and excruciatingly honest look at how a loss of civility is messing with the quality of life for all of us.
I gotta tell you: everybody needs manners. Not because they're fancy. Just because people don't like to be around you if you don't have them. You know it's true. For instance . . . Who wants to sit next to somebody who talks at the theater? Or what's worse than SHOUTING into a cell phone? Or interrupting a REAL private moment by forgetting to knock on a door? Or-- I don't even want to say it. I'm too polite. This book has a little fun with manners (like I do). But if you want to know the dos and don'ts of getting along in company, you'd better take all this fun seriously. And since you've been standing around SO long reading this book--take it home! It's the mannerly thing to do. Ages 4 & Up
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.