Easy to understand and practical, a psychiatrist and an Anglican vicar show us how to diffuse worry by offering practical solutions and long-term hope.We live in a paradox: While life has never been safer statistically, worry has reached epidemic proportions. So what has gone wrong? Many Christians suffer in silence, unsure whether to turn to psychological solutions or biblical teaching. Now, in The End of Worry, these people have a fresh solution. Integrating cutting-edge psychology and orthodox theology, William van der Hart and Rob Waller explain why simply having more faith and trusting in God is only part of the solution to worrying. The authors approach worry as a process rather than a feeling, and produce proven techniques for retraining worrisome thought patterns. By exploring concrete concepts such as "worry rules" and "four worry themes," the authors provide readers with an understanding of why they worry, how it affects them and their problem, and how to break the cycle of worrying altogether. From tolerating uncertainty to the role of faith in worrying (for better or worse), the wide-ranging insights in these pages offer real relief for everyone who has ever looked for a way out of their own worries.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.