- Table View
- List View
Easy to understand and practical, a psychiatrist and an Anglican vicar show us how to diffuse worry by offering practical solutions and long-term hope.We live in a paradox: While life has never been safer statistically, worry has reached epidemic proportions. So what has gone wrong? Many Christians suffer in silence, unsure whether to turn to psychological solutions or biblical teaching. Now, in The End of Worry, these people have a fresh solution. Integrating cutting-edge psychology and orthodox theology, William van der Hart and Rob Waller explain why simply having more faith and trusting in God is only part of the solution to worrying. The authors approach worry as a process rather than a feeling, and produce proven techniques for retraining worrisome thought patterns. By exploring concrete concepts such as "worry rules" and "four worry themes," the authors provide readers with an understanding of why they worry, how it affects them and their problem, and how to break the cycle of worrying altogether. From tolerating uncertainty to the role of faith in worrying (for better or worse), the wide-ranging insights in these pages offer real relief for everyone who has ever looked for a way out of their own worries.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.