- Table View
- List View
A detailed look at how, and why, the American financial system has reached its current stateToday's economy and capital markets are faced with the long-term buildup of public and private credit. Furthermore, we face higher taxes, greater spending, and more debt. We are now at a critical crossroads and our leaders have few realistic solutions. Proposals calling for tax reforms or fewer regulations have fallen on deaf ears. In fact, U.S. democracy has become more socialist and reform is needed immediately. Endless Money is an examination of how the U.S. government and the country's financial systems have embraced socialism, and why cultural deterioration reinforces the trend and jeopardizes democracy. In it, author William Baker sees this socialism embodied in two things. The first is the socialization of income, the second is the socialization of credit.Explores the present socialistic qualities of the American government and its financial systemLooks back at how today's conditions relate not just to the Great Depression, but ancient empires such as RomeCalls for radical changes such as reduced regulatory power of the Federal Reserve, a considerable devaluation of the dollar in terms of gold, and repeal of income taxIncludes a Web site devoted to book, with recommendations, quotes from the financial community, and think tank contactsInsightful and informative, Endless Money examines our current economic condition and describes what the United States can do to get back on the right economic track.
There are many hematological complications associated with obstetrics, pregnancy and gynecology, and unfortunately, they often lead to significant morbidity or mortality for both mother and child. As the first comprehensive reference on all aspects of hematological complications of obstetrics, pregnancy and gynecology this book will be a valuable resource to hematologists, obstetricians, gynecologists, reproductive medicine specialists, internists, anesthesiologists and others. The chapters are written by acknowledged experts in the field, and for each condition covered the etiology, pathophysiology, clinical and laboratory diagnosis and management are discussed where appropriate.
Teaching the Arts: Early Childhood and Primary Education provides a comprehensive and exciting introduction to Arts education in Australia and New Zealand. By illustrating the fundamental links between theory and practice, this book equips students with the skills and knowledge to teach the Arts. The book covers each of the five Arts strands -dance, drama, media arts, music and visual arts - in detail. Each chapter encourages readers to engage with the Arts and provides opportunities to develop understanding and practical skills through reflective questions, examples and activities. Teaching the Arts draws important links to the Australian Curriculum, the New Zealand Curriculum, the Early Years Learning Framework and TeWhariki, and includes substantial references to Indigenous histories and cultures, relationships with Asia, and sustainability. Generously illustrated and featuring excellent on-line resources, Teaching the Arts is an indispensable resource for pre-service teachers.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.