Visions of Infamy: The Untold Story of How Journalist Hector C. Bywater Devised the Plans That Led to Pearl Harborby William H. Honan
From the back cover In the tradition of Gordon Prange's best-selling At Dawn We Slept, a | major work that sheds new light on the road to Pearl Harbor and alters the course of twentieth-century naval history. Acclaim for Visions of Infamy: "At long last a full, fascinating and accurate account of Hector By water, the man who foresaw in detail the war between Japan and the United States twenty years before Pearl Harbor. I recommend this stranger-than-fiction tale to all World War II buffs." -John Toland, author of the Pulitzer Prize-winning The Rising Sun "Hector By water's life was so colorful and mysterious that it reads at times like an old-style spy thriller. Visions of Infamy is a highly readable I account of one of the most fascinating and least known figures in naval history." -Ronald Spector, author ofEagle Against the Sun, and former Director of Naval History of the U.S. Navy Department
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.