This is the story of the Three Bears--a Great, Huge Bear, (who spoke in a great, rough, gruff voice) a Middle-sized Bear, (who spoke in a middle voice) and a Little, Small, Wee Bear, who spoke in a ... I think you guessed it--little, small, wee voice. "One day, after they had made the porridge for their breakfast, and poured it into their porridge-bowls, they walked out into the wood while the porridge was cooling, that they might not burn their mouths by beginning too soon to eat it. "And while they were walking, a little girl called Goldilocks came to the house. First, she looked in at the window, and then she peeped in at the keyhole; and seeing nobody in the house, she lifted the latch. "The door was not fastened, because the Bears were good Bears, who did nobody any harm, and never suspected that anybody would harm them. ..." Other version of this story are available from Bookshare.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.