Written by well-known scholars in the field, this book introduces combinatorics alongside modern techniques, showcases the interdisciplinary aspects of the topic, and illustrates how to problem solve with a multitude of exercises throughout. The authors' approach is very reader-friendly and avoids the "scholarly tone" found in many books on this topic.Combinatorial Reasoning: An Introduction to the Art of Counting:Focuses on enumeration and combinatorial thinking as a way to develop a variety of effective approaches to solving counting problemsIncludes brief summaries of basic concepts from probability, power series, and group theory to show how combinatorics interacts with other fieldsProvides abstract ideas that are grounded in familiar concrete settings and features plentiful diagrams throughout to further add in reader understandingPresents simple and helpful notations as needed, and simple cases are treated first before more general and/or advanced casesContains over 700 exercise sets, ranging from the routine to the advanced, with either hints, short answers, or complete solutions for odd numbered problems. An Instructor's Manual (available via request to the Publisher) provides complete solutions for all exercises
This is a solutions manual to accompany CombinatorialReasoning: An Introduction to the Art of Counting Written by well-known scholars in the field, CombinatorialReasoning: An Introduction to the Art ofCounting introduces combinatorics alongside moderntechniques, showcases the interdisciplinary aspects of the topic,and illustrates how to problem solve with a multitude of exercisesthroughout. The authors' approach is very reader-friendly andavoids the "scholarly tone" found in many books on this topic.
Are you fully up-to-speed on today's modern spectrum management tools? As regulators move away from traditional spectrum management methods, introduce spectrum trading and consider opening up more spectrum to commons, do you understand the implications of these developments for your own networks? This 2007 book was the first to describe and evaluate modern spectrum management tools. Expert authors offer insights into the technical, economic and management issues involved. Auctions, administrative pricing, trading, property rights and spectrum commons are all explained. A series of real-world case studies from around the world is used to highlight the strengths and weaknesses of the various approaches adopted by different regulators, and valuable lessons are drawn from these. This concise and authoritative resource is a must-have for telecom regulators, network planners, designers and technical managers at mobile and fixed operators and broadcasters, and academics involved in the technology and economics of radio spectrum.
Essential for getting to grips with the Weightless standard for M2M communications, this definitive guide describes and explains the new standard in an accessible manner. It helps you to understand the Weightless standard by revealing its background and rationale. Designed to make clear the context and the fundamental design decisions for Weightless and to provide a readable overview of the standard, it details principal features and issues of the technology, the business case for deployment, network performance and some important applications. This informative book guides you through the key decisions and requirements involved in designing and deploying a Weightless network. Includes a chapter on applications, explaining the relevance of the standard and its potential. Written by one of the lead designers of Weightless, this is an ideal guide for everyone involved with the standard, from those designing equipment to those making use of the technology.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.