- Table View
- List View
In January, 1848, a carpenter named John Marshall came upon a glint of gold in the American River in northern California. Within a year, news of Marshall's discovery had swept the world, and gold-seekers poured into this remote territory. This book, part of the Time-Life series on the American West, traces the story of the California Gold Rush from Marshall's discovery to the late 1850s, when most of the mines had played out and the "Argonauts" dispersed. The writing is vivid and the book is filled with the stories of individual prospectors, bringing this colorful era to life.
1980. America elects Gus York to the Presidency and makes him the target of THE ZERO FACTOR The Zero Factor: To the Cuban expatriates it was coincidental to their plan--a plan for political murder of global consequence and a vengeance plot with a $10,000,000 price tag. The Zero Factor: To Le Bombardier, a cool, precise assassin, it was a trivial amusement as removed from the act as a bullet from its prey. The Zero Factor: To Augustus York, a decent honest man in a ruthless, expedient world, it was a death sentence. Twice already he had escaped it. But he was still out there somewhere, counting out the fatal ticks on an unseen, unstoppable clock, ready to claim the eighth victim of ... THE ZERO FACTOR.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.