- Table View
- List View
Visions of Infamy: The Untold Story of How Journalist Hector C. Bywater Devised the Plans That Led to Pearl Harborby William H. Honan
From the back cover In the tradition of Gordon Prange's best-selling At Dawn We Slept, a | major work that sheds new light on the road to Pearl Harbor and alters the course of twentieth-century naval history. Acclaim for Visions of Infamy: "At long last a full, fascinating and accurate account of Hector By water, the man who foresaw in detail the war between Japan and the United States twenty years before Pearl Harbor. I recommend this stranger-than-fiction tale to all World War II buffs." -John Toland, author of the Pulitzer Prize-winning The Rising Sun "Hector By water's life was so colorful and mysterious that it reads at times like an old-style spy thriller. Visions of Infamy is a highly readable I account of one of the most fascinating and least known figures in naval history." -Ronald Spector, author ofEagle Against the Sun, and former Director of Naval History of the U.S. Navy Department
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.