Covers English history to the end of the reign of Richard III. Three additional volumes deal with modern England, its colonies, and modern times. `
This edition of the highly acclaimed one-volume CHURCHILL: A LIFE, is the story of adventure. It follows Winston Churchill from his earliest days to his moments of triumph. Here, the drama and excitement of his story are ever-present, as are his tremendous qualities in peace and war, not least as an orator and as a man of vision. Martin Gilbert gives us a vivid portrait, using Churchill's most personal letters and the recollections of his contemporaries, both friends and enemies, to go behind the scenes of some of the stormiest and most fascinating political events of our time, dominated by two world wars, and culminating in the era of the Iron Curtain and the hydrogen bomb.
The Second World War Volume 5 Closing The Ring by Winston Churchill
Barriers were mere relics of the superstition of the past Conscience was superstition, the fear of the wrath of the gods Conventionality was part of the price we had willingly paid Conviction that government should remain modestly in the background I'm incapable of committing a single original act Opponent who praises one with a delightful irony We lived separate mental existences
The History of the Second World War Volume 1, The Gathering Storm by Winston Churchill, covers the time period from the end of WWI the the beginning of WWII.
The Second World War Volume 3 by Winston Churchill. Documents America's entry into the war.
This book is a collection of 22 essays written by Sir Winston Churchill between 1929 and 1937. Each essay is about one of the author's contemporaries, including Adolf Hitler and George Bernard Shaw.
How the English-speaking peoples grew into a vast power from 1815 to the early twentieth century. Discusses America's Civil War, the development of the British Empire, the rule of Queen Victoria, and how the Germanic powers developed to the extent of posing a threat to Britain and the United States.
Book 4 of the series "The Second World War" by Winston Churchill
Covers the development of English history from the fall of Richard III to 1688. During this period, the New World was explored and developed, but there was also a New World resulting from the Renaissance and Enlightenment.
English history from 1688 to 1815. This period includes the English, French, and American revolutions, all of which had enormous impact on world development.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.