- Table View
- List View
The Neuronal Microenvironment
Patch-Clamp Analysis: Advanced Techniques describes in reproducible detail all applications that involve patch pipet. Beginning with updated basic patch-clamp techniques, the book presents the newest developments, ranging from fast external solution switching and the switching of the pipet solution during recording, to the loose patch, the perforated patch, and the patch cram detection technique. The advanced techniques covered combine molecular biology and imaging to produce the patch pipet with RT-PCR and fluorometric techniques.
Continuing the research of the best-selling first edition, this second edition collects three more years of research in the ever-expanding study of the cell membrane. It covers the latest developments in the "traditional" patch techniques. This authoritative second edition updates the standard techniques while introducing three brand new, cutting-edge technical advances in the field. Thorough and timely, this edition is an invaluable resource.
Patch-Clamp Applications and Protocols presents the broadest coverage of techniques for measuring and recording directly activity within a cell. The first part of the book offers modern developments associated with the technology of path-clamp electrodes, of cell-free ion-channel recording, and of the whole-cell patch clamp technique. Chapters on such recent offspring of the technique as the concentration clamp technique, the pressure clap method, and the perfusion of patch clamp electrodes are contributed by authors intimately involved with their development. Also covered is the loose patch-clamp technique, single-channel recording, the perforated patch-clamp technique, molecular biological aspects of the technique, and the use of the technique in brain slices. Every scientist working with path-clamp methods will find this protocols manual invaluable to their continued use and development of this powerful technique.
Practical Cell Culture Techniques focuses on the advantages of new tissue culture techniques that enable close and detailed study of many nerve cell types. Neuroscience is one of the key areas whose rapid development has been driven by the proliferation of cell culture methodology; some areas of neuroscience, such as glial cell biology and function, now depend almost entirely on cell culture-based research projects. This latest volume of Humana's renowned Neuromethods series provides practical treatment of the new, powerful methodologies and results including: cell culture techniques specifically designed for the novice * the environmental factors that play a role in tissue culturing * cell markers * nutrition requirements of the different cell types * three-dimensional organotypic slice explant cultures * neuronal cultures * cultures of astrocytes, oligodendrocytes, cerebral capillary endothelium, and other cell types. Boulton, Baker, and Walz's new volume on Practical Cell Culture Techniques is sure to be a major resource for everyone-whether expert or novice-involved in studying the central nervous system on the molecular level.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.